What is a Claim?
Individuals and businesses purchase insurance policies to protect against monetary losses. In the event of a loss, policyholders submit claims, or requests for payment, seeking compensation for their loss. Adjusters, appraisers, examiners, and investigators deal with those claims. They work primarily for property and casualty insurance companies for whom they handle a wide variety of claims alleging property damage, liability, or bodily injury. Their main role is to investigate the claims, negotiate settlements, and authorize payments to claimants, all the while mindful not to violate the claimant’s rights under Federal and State privacy laws. They must determine whether the customer’s insurance policy covers the loss and how much of the loss should be paid to the claimant.
What does South-West Insurance Provide?
At South-West Insurance, we provide a full-time Claims Department to assist clients with all areas of claims and claims management. We help our policyholders obtain a fair claim settlement in accordance with policy provisions. We offer:
- Full-time claims administration
- 24 hour/7 days a week availability
- Toll free and local phone numbers
- Direct claims reporting
- Coordination of claims adjustment with customer and assigned company claims representative
- Coordination of loss control recommendation for clients and compliance with these issues
- Workers compensation – managed care program with local providers
- Assist with set-up of company safety program
- “Hands On” / “Client First” approach to claims management
What do I do next?
If you need to file a claim, contact us and we’ll guide you through the entire process.
Have a Question?
Our knowledgeable staff can help.